Have you ever wondered what the most common problems of normal everyday home appliances are? Well this blog post will show you some of the most common issues that your home appliances might present and some possible solutions to the issues. Remember, if you try these simple solutions and nothing happens, look for professional help by calling Orange County Appliance Repair; never risk your safety or that of your family because of a few dollars!
- There is water leaking from the refrigerator! – Do not be too concerned, this is not the end of the world. The chances are the de-frosting cycle has got out of sync and your refrigerator has iced up. Switch it off and allow it to de-frost and ensure that the is ventilation around the cold panel on the inside. Also wash off the dust from the condenser radiator on the back. Reset the thermostat and start it up again. Provided the compressor starts and it makes cold you have no further problems. If it ices up again immediately or doesn’t cool down inside then you have a problem and should call Orange County Appliance Repair.
- Should I really change my refrigerator’s filter regularly? – Well some people wonder why their ice machine or even water dispenser is not working properly. If a person fails to change their filters at least once a year many problems may occur. It is recommended that you change the filters every 12 months or so. If you make and use a good deal of Ice you should change this water filter more frequently, possibly every 6 months.
- Too much frost in your freezer and the fridge is also warming up! – Many people have to deal with their freezers filled with ice. Some older models have this kind of problem because they don’t have de-frosting cycles. If you usually suffer from this problem and also notice that your fridge is heating up then maybe you should try to fix this problem. First of all if this is happening often then you are probably going to have a bigger electricity bill. You can try to clean the ice and leave the fans unstuck. This will probably fix all of your issues with the ice and the heating.
- Dryer will not work properly. – Well dryers have lint filters that need to be cleaned often. If you do not clean them often the wet humid air will not be able to leave the drying cylinder properly, the result: damp clothes. All you have to do in this case is clean the lint away. Problem solved.
- My Washing/ Drying machine simply will not work – Washing and Drying machines have sensors on their lids. Most people hit these lids and do not take care of them properly. Soon the sensors break. If the machine does not have a sensor working properly it “will think” that the lid is open, even though it is closed, therefore the machine will simply not run. This is a very simple problem to fix. You do not need spend a lot of time nor money on it.
For any major problems with any of the devices call Orange County Appliance Repair